On Tuesday, June 17, 2014, PayPal finally made good its earlier promise to allow Nigerians use its service.
But, the development came with restrictions: you can only send money to other PayPal accounts (not those owned by fellow Nigerians, though) or make online payments for products and services. You cannot receive or withdraw funds.
So, if you need a PayPal account for receiving funds from abroad, I guess this development will leave you disappointed rather than impressed. (I once shared a smart trick for opening and verifying a PayPal account that will allow you to receive and withdraw funds. Click here to read the article.)
But you have every reason to be excited if you’re one of those who need the service for making online payments.
The restrictions notwithstanding, creating your own Nigerian PayPal account has its benefits. With it, you can pay online for products and services such as Fiverr gigs, ebooks, mobile apps, software packages, website and blog themes, WordPress plugins, mini importation products, and so on.
Opening and verifying your PayPal account is very simple. Just follow these steps:
- Visit www.paypal.com/ng
- Click “Sign up for free”
- Click “Open an account” under the “Individual” tab. (Don’t create a business account unless you have a strong reason to do that. You might be required to provide certain business documents that you may not have.)
- Fill the form and click “Agree and create account”
- On the security challenge page, enter the code displayed in the space provided and click “Continue”
- Provide your credit card details as required on the next page, and click “Continue”
And that’s all. You’ve created your own PayPal account. If your you receive an error message regarding your credit card details, click “Continue to my account” and try to verify your account again using the “Get verified” link.
Below is a screenshot of my own verified PayPal account.
So, get online and register yours. The whole process takes less than 10 minutes (depending on your connection speed, though).
Share them in the comments section.
Latest posts by Abass Toriola (see all)
- How a WIP Reader Just Became a Millionaire within One Week - October 15, 2016
- Fiverr Arbitrage: How to Make Money Reselling Fiverr Gigs - September 14, 2016
- Top 10 Easiest Fiverr Gigs that Sell - September 13, 2016