Last updated on September 14th, 2016 at 02:38 am
Are you looking to start making money online by rendering a service that you’re greatly skilled in? Then Fiverr.com is the right place to monetize your skills by selling your services to clients from all over the world.
In this post, I’ll be telling you about Fiverr and how you can start making money on the platform.
A brief on Fiverr.com
Launched in February 2010, Fiverr.com is a large freelance outsourcing marketplace where freelancers offer a wide range of services (“gigs”) for $5.
The platform prides itself on making cheap services available to clients and at the same time helping freelancers make a decent income by the side.
Services rendered on Fiverr inlude writing and translation, graphic design, website design, video creation, link building, logo design, typing, and many others that cut across several categories.
Presently, the giant platform has over 3 million registered users (freelancers + clients) and holds more than 3 million gigs.
Making money on Fiverr: Step-by-step guide
In order to achieve your goal of making extra income through the Fiverr platform, you need to follow the right steps. This will help you avoid many costly mistakes that most new Fiverr users make.
Now, here are the steps you need to follow to become a Fiverr income earner.
1. Figure out which service(s) you can render
It goes without saying that you need to define your skillset before heading to register at Fiverr. Since you can only make money on the platform by selling your services, you need to define what services you’re going to sell.
Examples of services that are in high demand on Fiverr include content writing, link building, website/landing page design, logo design, e-book cover design, translation, editing/proofreading, video creation, business card design, flyer design, infographic design, and blog installation.
So, if you’re skilled in any of these areas, you’re good to go. But if you’re not so sure of your skills, take some time to improve them before getting started on Fiverr.
Be sure to choose a service that you can comfortably render to a buyer for $5, since that’s what you’ll earn for the basic gig. (That might seem meager, but it does quickly add up when you start getting multiple orders a day).
2. Register at Fiverr.com
Once you’ve decided on which services you would like to render, your next step is to register to become a seller on Fiverr (it’s completely free). To do this, take the following steps:
- Visit Fiverr.com.
- Click the “Join” link at the top right hand corner.
- Enter your email address in the popup form, and click “Continue”.
- Enter your preferred username and password, and click “Join”.
- You will be required to activate your account by clicking the activation link sent to your email.
- After clicking the activation link, you will see a notification on the next page that states “Account Successfully Activated…”
- You will be required to complete your profile. Enter your details as required (never fake anything!).
3. Create your gig
To create a gig, move your mouse pointer to where you have your username written — at the top right hand corner. A dropdown menu will show. Click “Start Selling” in that menu, and follow these steps:
- On the next page, click “Create a Gig”.
- Enter your gig title in the space provided. This is a brief description of what you’ll do for the client.
- Choose a category and sub-category for your gig.
- Upload one or more images that depict your gig.
- In the space for description, provide more details about your gig. State everything that the client needs to know.
- Enter tags in the space provided. These help clients find you easily through the search feature.
- Specify the maximum duration it will take you to deliver each gig.
- Click the “Save & Continue” button.
- On the next page, you’ll be required to set the pricing for your gig extras. Do that, if necessary, and click the “Save and Continue” button.
- On the next page, you can upload a video that describes your gig in more detail. If you don’t have any, just click the “skip” link.
- On the next page, enter the details you would need from your buyer to get started with the gig. Click “Save & Continue”.
- On the next page, you’ll be notified that your gig is alive. You can share it using the social share buttons provided. Preview it using the link provided to ensure that all is fine. And that’s all!
For more details about each step — along with screenshots to guide you — read this post: How to Make Money on Fiverr: Free Detailed Tutorials.
4. Start taking orders
If you’re selling a service that isn’t offered by many other freelancers on Fiverr, you can start getting orders even without proactively promoting your gig. I have given examples of such low-competition, easy-to-deliver gigs in this post.
However, putting up gigs with low competition has one bad implication: low sales volume. So, to make a decent income from such gigs, you need to put up many of them at once.
On the other hand, gigs like article writing, website design, logo design, e-book cover design, and link building are very lucrative, since those services are in huge demand. However, thousands of sellers are offering each of these services, so it might take lots of time and effort before you can land your first order.
A smart way to start getting orders for these high-competition gigs is to make your orders stand out. For example, if you’re planning to sell e-book cover design services, don’t just put up a gig like, “I will design a 2D or 3D ebook cover”. Rather, state something like, “I will design a 2D or 3D ebook cover in 24 hrs”. The 24-hour turnaround time you added will attract the attention of clients who want the job done urgently without paying extra for fast delivery.
Similarly, you can play the numbers game. Rather than put up something like, “I will write a 500-word product review”, put up something more tempting like, “I will write 3 200-word product reviews” or “I will write 2 300-word product reviews”. The fact that you’re offering two or three pieces for just $5 will attract the attention of many potential buyers. If you want more ideas for writing gigs that stand out from the crowd, read this article.
Now, you’ve learned all you need to know to get started as a seller on Fiverr. It’s not rocket science, and you don’t need to pay anyone to teach you some “special tricks” because such tricks are non-existent.
If you have no skills to sell on Fiverr and are too lazy/busy to learn one, consider selling some of the gigs in this post. They are very simple to work out and easy to deliver. If you still don’t like those ones, then consider the Fiverr arbitrage model, instead.
Do you have any questions? Or did I miss something important? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment.
Latest posts by Abass Toriola (see all)
- 5 Best Web Hosting Affiliate Programs for 2019 - January 8, 2019
- 17 Best Niches for Affiliate Marketing in 2019 (Digital Products) - January 8, 2019
- Affiliate Marketing on Blogspot: Why It’s Not Advisable - January 8, 2019